The Family Law Office handles divorces, property division, child custody, visitation, child support and spousal support and other family related issues, throughout Sonoma County California, including the Santa Rosa, Rohnert Park, Sebastopol, Petaluma, Cotati and Windsor communities. The firm believes that it’s first priorty must be to determine a client’s wants and needs in their particular situation, then to form a case plan tailored to those needs. To that end, they believe in educating their clients about the various issues in their case and helping them make decisions that are focused on their objectives. Sometimes this involves working through mediation or in a collaborative manner to reach their clients objectives and other times it involves aggressively fighting for their clients’ rights through litigation and the court process.
- Child Custody & Visitation: Child custody proceedings determine how important decisions regarding a child’s future will be made and when a child will be with and see each of their parents.
- Child Support: Child support ensures that a child’s financial needs are provided for and that they keep the same standard of living as before the divorce, especially where the non-custodial parent has a significantly higher income than the custodial parent.
- Spousal Support: Spousal support helps balance out the relative incomes of the parties who are separating and helps to compensate a spouse for non-economic sacrifices made during their marriage, such as staying home to take care of children or putting off their career to help their spouse develop theirs.
- Property Division: Marital property is usually divided equally, and this may sound simple, but accounting for all real estate, retirement plans, pensions, other assets, and debts often requires a closely scrutenized look to ensure that it truly is handled fairly.
- Restraining Orders: When one spouse committed or threatened violence against another family member, a restraining order bars them from further contact until the situation is resolved.
- Marvin Actions: Marvin actions provide unmarried couples who cohabitate over a long period of time and make agreements regarding their assets and income, civil court remedies that divide their assets and provide financial support.
If you have a family law case in Sonoma County, contact attorney Brian Lanz today to get the representation you need.